[recipe title=”Tomato Chutney” servings=” 1 cup approx” time=”20 minutes” difficulty=”easy”]
– 7 to 8 Garlic cloves
– 4 tbs Lemon juice
– 2 green chilies
– 1/4 cup Quarter of a bunch Fresh coriander
– 4 to 5 Dried whole red pepper (can use crushed pepper)
– 2 medium-sized Tomatoes
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 2 teaspoons Cumin
– 7 Curry leaves
– 3 tablespoons Olive oil
– 1/4 teaspoon Red food color
1. Chop all the ingredients except oil, curry leaves, and cumin in a food blender. Keep the mixture slightly chunky.
2. In a small pan heat oil on medium heat, add cumin and leaves. After a couple of minutes, when you sense an aroma of fried cumin, pour the tomato mixture in oil. Sprinkle the food color and mix it well. It will splatter a bit so be careful and it’s a good idea to use a deep pan.
3. Once you see the oil on the surface, it’s the sign that it’s done!
4. Serve warm with lentil curry or omelet.
It can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.