- 7 to 8 Garlic cloves
- 4 tbs Lemon juice
- 2 green chilies
- 1/4 cup Quarter of a bunch Fresh coriander
- 4 to 5 Dried whole red pepper (can use crushed pepper)
- 2 medium-sized Tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Cumin
- 7 Curry leaves
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Red food color
- Chop all the ingredients except oil, curry leaves, and cumin in a food blender. Keep the mixture slightly chunky.
- In a small pan heat oil on medium heat, add cumin and leaves. After a couple of minutes, when you sense an aroma of fried cumin, pour the tomato mixture in oil. Sprinkle the food color and mix it well. It will splatter a bit so be careful and it’s a good idea to use a deep pan.
- Once you see the oil on the surface, it’s the sign that it’s done!
- Serve warm with lentil curry or omelet.
It can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.