Yummy and delicious, this sauce is perfect on cupcakes, brownies, ice cream sundaes. The best thing about it?- well, it tastes so so much better than the store-bought sauce and it can be refrigerated for a long time!
There are so many things that will taste infinitely better when this sauce is added. Make it and your kids will thank you for it!
Salted caramel sauce
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, diced into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon of Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat sugar over medium to high heat, keep stirring.
- The sugar will soon start to change color and then will turn into a liquid. Keep stirring gradually, preferably with a fork or whisk to keep it from getting clumpy.
- Let the mixture boil until it turns an amber color. Carefully add the butter. The mixture will splatter so be prepared. Continue stirring until all the butter has melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the heavy cream. The mixture will bubble and splatter.
- Stir in the salt. and let completely cool.
- The sauce is ready!