Salted Caramel Cupcakes
Classic chocolate cupcakes are another must-have recipe.
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup of sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 7 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 350F°. Place the cupcake paper liners into the holes in the cupcake pans.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and cocoa into a bowl. Add the sugar, salt, and butter. Mix until it resembles fine bread crumbs.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and yogurt together until well blended.
- Slowly pour in the egg mixture to flour and butter mixture, combine. Mix gently until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the liners, filling each one only half full.
- Bake for around 20 minutes, until springy to the touch.
- After a few minutes transfer the cupcakes to a cooling rack. Cool completely before frosting.
Recipe notes: You may use store bought vanilla or cream cheese frosting and add some of the salted caramel sauce to it. I have done it on several occasions and it tasted good. however, if you want the actual caramel flavored frosting then make it at home using good quality butter. The best thing about it is you get to control the amount of sugar you want in your frosting when you make it yourself.