This could be your go-to breakfast for weekdays. Oatmeal is always a good choice for breakfast, given that it is an excellent source of fiber and it lowers cholesterol. Now you have an oatmeal recipe that is easy, delicious, and even healthier than plain old oatmeal.
- ½ yogurt, greek or low fat
- 1 cup milk, almond, coconut or cow
- 1 cup of oats
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- ¼ cup shredded dried coconut
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup fresh or dried fruit or berries (Optional)
- Mix yogurt and milk in a large glass bowl.
- Add oats, coconut, chia seeds, cinnamon powder, and vanilla essence, mix well.
- Spoon the mixture in 2 glass jars, this recipe makes about two breakfast servings.
- Refrigerate overnight, and have it for breakfast the next morning. Add berries or dry fruits if you wish.