This one here is from my daughter. One day I got a call from her, while she was on her way back from school, asking me if she can stop by at the grocery store on her way home. She told me about the truffles her gym teacher got for the students and that she wanted to make those at home for the family.
These truffles were amazing and with only three essential ingredients very easy to make. so easy in fact that my daughter gave me the recipe in one breath.
Ok, Ammi! it’s so easy. I will just process the Oreos in the processor. Add cream cheese and mix mix mix. Then shape the oreo mixture in small balls, put the balls in the tray and tray in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. After that just dip the truffles in melted chocolate and refrigerate again for the chocolate coating to set, in 15 to 20 minutes the truffles are ready!
- 1 pack, Chocolate Creme Oreo Cookies
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups white chocolate
- 1/4 cup, mini milk chocolate chip
- 1/2 cup, crushed walnuts (optional)
- In a food processor, crush Chocolate Creme Oreo Cookies into crumbs.
- In a large bowl, cream together Oreo cookie crumbs and cream cheese; mix until combined. Use a spatula if you don’t have an electric mixer.
- Using a small scoop or spoon shape the mixture, by dropping balls onto a tray or a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the white chocolate chips. Microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds. Remove and stir slowly. Replace in microwave for 15-second increments until the chips are completely melted.
- Now comes the tricky part, cover the truffles in white chocolate by dipping truffles into melted chocolate using a couple of forks, or dipping tool and lightly tap to remove excess chocolate; transfer to parchment paper. refrigerate again for until you want to eat or serve.
Now you may just eat the truffles like this or get a little fancy and drizzle melted white chocolate on each truffle, and sprinkle some chopped walnuts.
Store the truffles in the refrigerator in an airtight container, they stay good until 5 days.