Whenever I see instant noodles, I’m reminded of college students, on tight budgets and hectic class schedules, or my kids, who get super excited for noodles. If given free rein my girls could have noodles, for each meal, every day. Knowing the fact that noodles aren’t exactly a part of the wholesome diet I don’t buy more than a few packs every couple of weeks.
You know how kids ask for candy or chocolate, my kids get all starry-eyed or noodles, so imagine the gratitude my older caught felt when her Doctor actually recommended her to have noodles when she had stomach flu last month. We stopped by the grocery store, after pharmacy, and bought a little more than a dozen packs of instant noodles. I’ll say this, when your kid is sick there is very little you won’t do make her smile.
It was later at night when I told about our visit to the doctor to my sister on the phone when she gave me this recipe for noodle kebabs. I was a little unsure of whether the kids would like it or not, but to my surprise, they absolutely loved theses crisp kebabs.
Adding chicken, bell pepper, eggs, and potatoes to noodles makes it a delicious and wholesome snack for the family, so that makes me happy about noodles too.
- 2 packs Instant noodles (approx 60 grams each)
- 2 packets of seasoning that comes with noodles
- 3 eggs
- 1 lb boneless chicken
- ½ minced garlic
- ¾ black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil ( for cooking chicken)
- 2 medium-sized potatoes
- 1 diced, bell pepper capsicum
- 1/4 cup oil for frying kebabs
- Boil the noodles in plain water (without the seasoning packets) Drain and set aside.
- Sauté the chicken in a tablespoon of oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Shred-it finely.
- Peel the potato n grate it raw.
- Beat 2 eggs n add the spices that come with the noodles pack.
- Add all the ingredients to the eggs n mix thoroughly.
- With the help of 2 spoons form medium-sized kebabs.
- Shallow fry on medium flame till golden brown.
- Serve with ketchup and enjoy!!
Noodle kebabs taste best when eaten warm, right off the stove.
Go ahead and add onions, coriander, and small cubed tomatoes.