- 3 cups tender-cooked chickpeas, drained, preferably skinned
- 1/4 tablespoons tahini
- 1/4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for garnish
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 to 3 lemons, juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Sumac (optional for garnish)
- Place the chickpeas, garlic, salt, and pepper in a food processor and process for one minute.
- Stop, scrape down the bowl add lemon juice, tahini, and water, process for another minute.
- Stop, scrape down the bowl, now start adding olive oil gradually. Drizzling it in the bowl with the processor still running.
- Transfer to the serving dish. With the back of the spoon level the hummus by moving the spoon in a circular motion. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle sumac if desired.