- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 (300 grams) cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Whisk dry flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and cocoa in mixer. Gradually add flour mixture, and mix until smooth. Wrap in plastic and chill for at least one hour.
- Roll out cookie dough on the counter, stop when it’s around 1/8 inches thick, cut into shape. Use flour to make it less sticky.
- Bake for 8 to 11 minutes on a baking sheet. Bake until the edges are firm and the centers are slightly soft and puffed.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To melt chocolate chips in the microwave, place them in a clear glass bowl. Then, microwave one minute on high. The chocolate should look shiny; stir it. Microwave in 20-second intervals, stirring after each, until totally smooth.
- Drop half a teaspoonful of melted chocolate in the middle of each cookie
These cookies will be crispy on the edges and softer in the middle. Store the cookies in an airtight jar once they cool completely.